We are hiring!
The NE Seattle Tool Library (NESTL) Coordinator is one of two paid staff people for this popular community project. NESTL is a project of Sustainable NE Seattle providing free community access to a wide variety of tools and sustainable resources. Working closely with the NESTL Steering Committee and the Member/Volunteers, the Library Coordinators assure that the primary functions of the library are carried out with consistency and reliability, and in harmony with the goals of NESTL and Sustainable NE Seattle.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate should possess most of the following skills and abilities:
- Broad knowledge of common hand and power tools and how to operate them safely
- Ability to assess tool condition and maintenance needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to serve the community
- Ability to manage volunteers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented, reliable, and comfortable with basic computer applications
- Strong self-motivation and an ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to maintain and improve the organization of a large inventory of tools
- Provide primary staffing of the NESTL (Tuesday and Thursday 5:00 – 8:00 PM, Saturday 9:00 – 3:00 PM, Sunday 2:00– 5:00 PM) in coordination with the other Tool Library Coordinator
- Check tools in and out and complete new membership enrollments in the database
- Accurately maintain and expand the inventory of tools as they are circulated and acquired
- Recruit and train volunteers in the basic tasks of staffing the library
- Evaluate tool gifts, accepting only what is needed and/or unique
- Assist with record keeping and bank deposits
- Maintain and update the database and work schedule of NESTL volunteers
- Maintain and update the website and social media accounts
- Prepare e-mails for the general membership and volunteers via G-mail or Mail Chimp
- Answer or appropriately route phone calls, mail, and e-mail correspondence from the public
- Attend Steering Committee meetings as requested by the Steering Committee, currently on the first Monday of each month from 7:00 – 9:00 PM. Prepare notes prior to the meeting; current operations, issues, significant events, upcoming events, budget and planned purchases requiring approval
- Purchase supplies, equipment and repair parts as required. Maintain a purchases spreadsheet and provide a budget report during the monthly meeting.
Start date: July 11, 2020
Application Deadline: June 26, 2020
Salary: $16,200 – $18,000*
*Compensation: The NESTL Tool Library Coordinator will be paid for 18 hours of work each week, at a rate of $18/hour.
Apply by using this link or by sending an email to NESTLCoordinator@gmail.com