The NE Seattle Tool Library provides free, community access to a wide variety of tools, training, and sustainable resources. Become a member now!
The NE Seattle Tool Library is a community-led project to provide pay-what-you-can community access to a wide range of tools, training, and advice. The Tool Library aims to inspire its community to participate in community projects such as park restorations, and pursue sustainability through fun projects like backyard gardens, home energy improvements, and water harvesting.
- Leverage existing resources
- Reduce our environmental footprint
- Reduce consumption of tools used only once or twice
- Educate community members in proper use and maintenance of tools
- Enhance self-reliance and resilience
- Foster sense of community and mutual support
- Encourage repairing items instead of throwing them in the trash
- Encourage making products for ourselves instead of buying them from far away
- Lay a foundation for a Sharing Economy
The NE Seattle Tool Library is happy to share space and partner with the Bike Shack, a volunteer-run, donation-funded community bike shop that helps people learn to fix their bikes and provides tools for community use. The Bike Shack welcomes everyone to come in and use their tools, ask questions, or check out used bikes or parts (available by donation). Participation in the Bike Shack does not require membership in the Tool Library.
SPONSORS AND OTHER PARTNERS
The NE Seattle Tool Library is a project of Sustainable NE Seattle and is supported by a grant from the Cleanscapes Waste Reduction Award Program, the generosity of the building’s owner, North Seattle Friends Church, and technical advice and support from the great folks at West Seattle Tool Library.
For more information, or to donate or volunteer, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.