The NE Seattle Tool Library provides community access to a wide variety of tools, training, and sustainable resources. Become a member now!
The Tool Library aims to inspire participation in community projects and pursue sustainability through fun projects like backyard gardens, home energy improvements, food preservation, and water harvesting. We also offer classes and host community events to advance and celebrate our wonderful and unique community.
We have over 3,000 tools available to lend. Check out our searchable inventory!
- Leverage existing resources
- Reduce our environmental footprint
- Reduce consumption of tools used only once
- Educate community members in proper use
and maintenance of tools
- Enhance self-reliance and resilience
- Foster sense of community and mutual support
- Encourage repairing or re-purposing items
instead of throwing them in trash
- Encourage making products for ourselves
instead of buying them from far away
- Lay a foundation for a Sharing Economy
The NE Seattle Tool Library is happy to share space with the Bike Shack. A volunteer-run, donation-funded community bike shop that helps people learn to fix their bikes and provides tools for community use. Tool Library membership is not required to use the Bike Shack.
For more information, or to donate or volunteer, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.